Legal Resources | | EC 17071.76
Leroy F. Greene Facilities Act of 1998; New Construction Eligibility Determination
(a) Whenever the existing school building capacity in any high school attendance area prevents another high school attendance area from receiving the maximum per-unhoused-pupil grant specified for the school district as a whole, the eligibility may be computed separately for each high school attendance area.
(b) For the purposes of eligibility, a school district may combine two or more adjacent high school attendance areas pursuant to the following conditions:
(1) The funding eligibility is for the construction of a high school, junior high school, or elementary school located or to be located in any of those high school attendance areas.
(2) The high school, junior high school, or elementary school to be constructed is to serve pupils residing in each of those high school attendance areas.
(3) The combined eligibility reflects the eligibility to which each of the high school attendance areas would otherwise be entitled, reflecting the proportion of projected pupil enrollment in the school to be constructed, as calculated under this chapter, from each of those attendance areas.
(c) The board may permit an elementary school district that is located within a high school district to utilize this section to determine eligibility for funding if all of the following conditions apply:
(1) The elementary school district average daily attendance is greater than 20,000 pupils.
(2) The elementary school district maintains at least 37 elementary schools, and the high school district maintains at least 12 high schools.
(3) The elementary school district has geographical boundaries encompassing more than 100 square miles.
(Amended by Stats. 2008, Ch. 723, Sec. 1.)