Legal Resources | | 71630
Chapter 2. Applications. Article 7. Applications for a Substantive Change to an Approval to Operate. Application for Change of Name.
(a) An institution seeking to change its name shall complete the "Change of Name" form (NAME rev. 2/10) to obtain prior authorization. The form shall be submitted to the Bureau along with the appropriate fee as provided in Section 94930.5(c) of the Code. For an institution approved under section 94885 of the code it shall be signed and dated by the signatory(ies) required by section 71380, for an institution approved under section 94890 of the code it shall be signed and dated by the signatory(ies) required by section 71390, and each fact stated therein and each attachment thereto shall be declared to be true under penalty of perjury, in the following form:
"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing and all attachments are true and correct.
(b) The application shall include:
(1) The name, school code, address, and telephone and fax numbers of the institution;
(2) The proposed new name;
(3) A detailed explanation of the reasons for the proposed change in name;
(4) Copies of advertising and other statements to be disseminated to the public in any manner by the institution or its representatives that announce or use the proposed name;
(5) The name, address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers of the institution's contact person for the purpose of this application; and
(6) Any additional information required by the Bureau pursuant to section 71340.
(c) An institution that has been granted an approval to operate by means of accreditation shall notify the Bureau of the substantive change within 30 days of that change on the Change of Name form by completing section (b)(1) and (b)(5) of this section, and shall attach certification from the institution's accreditation agency demonstrating that the substantive change was made in accordance with the institution's accreditation standards, and complies with the Act and this Division.
Education Code 94803
Education Code 94895
Education Code 94893
Education Code 94894
Education Code 94895
Education Code 94896
Education Code 94930.5
(Amended by Register 2010, No. 47.)