Legal Resources | | 71600
Chapter 2. Applications. Article 7. Applications for a Substantive Change to an Approval to Operate. Application for Significant Change in Method of Instructional Delivery.
(a) An institution seeking to make a significant change in its method of instructional delivery shall complete the "Significant Change in Method of Instructional Delivery" form (INS rev. 2/10) to obtain prior authorization. For the purposes of this section a "significant change in instructional delivery" is any change that alters the way students interact with faculty or access significant equipment. The form shall be submitted to the Bureau along with the appropriate fee as provided in Section 94930.5(c) of the Code. For an institution approved under section 94885 of the Code, it shall be signed and dated by the signatory(ies) required by section 71380, and for an institution approved under section 94890 of the Code, it shall be signed and dated by the signatory(ies) required by section 71390, and each fact stated therein and each attachment thereto shall be declared to be true under penalty of perjury, in the following form:
"I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing and all attachments are true and correct.
(b) The application shall establish that the institution, if making a significant change in its method of instructional delivery, can meet the minimum operating standards contained in Chapter 3, and shall include:
(1) The name, school code, address, and telephone and fax numbers of the institution;
(2) A description of the proposed new method of instructional delivery, and how the curriculum will be changed or adapted to meet the change in delivery method;
(3) A detailed explanation of the reasons for the proposed change;
(4) A description of how the change affects students, administration, and the institution's financial resources;
(5) If the proposed change will result in any significant changes in existing faculty, facilities, library or learning resources, the institution shall provide the applicable information required by Section 71250 through 71270, inclusive;
(6) A description of how the institution will phase in the new method of instructional delivery;
(7) The name, address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers of the institution's contact person for the purpose of this application; and
(8) Any additional information required by the Bureau pursuant to section 71340.
(c) An institution that has been granted an approval to operate by means of accreditation shall notify the Bureau of the substantive change within 30 days of that change on the Change of Instruction form by providing the information required in section (b)(1) and (b)(7), and shall attach certification from the institution's accreditation agency demonstrating that the substantive change was made in accordance with the institution's accreditation standards, and complies with the Act and this Division.
Education Code 94803
Education Code 94895
Education Code 94893
Education Code 94894
Education Code 94895
Education Code 94896
Education Code 94930.5
(Amended by Register 2010, No. 47.)