Legal Resources | | T5 76230
For purposes of this Article, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Account" means the appropriate account under Education Code sections 94944(a), 94944(b), and 94945(a)(3).
(2) "Affected institution" means a degree granting or vocational institution, or any other institution which charges each enrolled student a total charge of less than one thousand dollars ($1,000), which the Bureau has designated as liable for a special assessment under Education Code sections 94944(a), 94944(b), and 94945(a)(3). For purposes of the writ only, an affected institution means vocational institutions and hybrid institutions offering vocational courses or programs.
(3) "Bureau" means the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education.
(4) "Hybrid institution" means an institution offering any combination of degree or vocational courses or programs, or other courses or programs for which each enrolled student is charged a total charge of less than one thousand dollars ($1,000).
(5) "Institution" means any private postsecondary educational institution defined in Education Code section 94739, that is subject to assessments under Education Code section 94945(a), but does not include any institution exempt from STRF assessment under Education Code Section 94945(b).
(6) "Operate" has the meaning given to it in Education Code section 94745.
(7) "Special assessment" means the additional reasonable assessment required under Education Code section 94945(a)(2).
(8) "Quarterly STRF payment" is the amount an institution is required to pay the Bureau in a calendar quarter under Education Code section 94945(a)(1).
(9) "Total annual STRF payment" means the sum of each institution's quarterly STRF payments for a calendar year.
(10) "Writ" means the San Francisco Superior Court's Writ of Mandate in Aguirre v. Hamilton (Case No. 308354) dated March 1, 2000.
Education Code 94774
Education Code 94778
Education Code 94944
Education Code 94945
(Added by Register 2000, No. 31)