Legal Resources | | EC 1242
Duties, Responsibilities, and General Powers. County superintendent
(a) Commencing with the 2006-07 fiscal year, funds appropriated pursuant to Item 6110-266-0001 of Section 2.0 of Chapter 47 of the Statutes of 2006 to county offices of education for site visits conducted pursuant to Section 1240, shall be allocated as follows:
(1) Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) for each elementary school.
(2) Three thousand five hundred dollars ($3,500) for each middle or junior high school.
(3) Five thousand dollars ($5,000) for each high school.
(b) In addition to the funds described in subdivision (a), county offices of education shall receive additional funding for sites whose enrollment in the prior year is 20 percent greater than the average enrollment of all sites for the prior year as follows:
(1) Two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50) for each pupil that exceeds a total elementary school enrollment of 856 pupils.
(2) Three dollars and fifty cents ($3.50) for each pupil that exceeds a total middle school or junior high school enrollment of 1,427 pupils.
(3) Five dollars ($5.00) for each pupil that exceeds a total high school enrollment of 2,296 pupils.
(c) County offices of education that are responsible for visiting more than 150 schoolsites shall receive an additional allocation of one dollar ($1.00) per pupil for the total prior year enrollment of all sites visited.
(d) The minimum amount for allocation pursuant to this section to county offices of education shall be ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
(Added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 704, Sec. 2.)
Education Code 1240