Legal Resources | | EC 56368
(a) A program specialist is a specialist who holds a valid special education credential, clinical services credential, health services credential, or a school psychologist authorization and has advanced training and related experience in the education of individuals with exceptional needs and a specialized in-depth knowledge in preschool disabilities, career vocational development, or one or more areas of major disabling conditions.
(b) A program specialist may do all the following:
(1) Observe, consult with, and assist resource specialists, designated instruction and services instructors, and special class teachers.
(2) Plan programs, coordinate curricular resources, and evaluate effectiveness of programs for individuals with exceptional needs.
(3) Participate in each school's staff development, program development, and innovation of special methods and approaches.
(4) Provide coordination, consultation and program development primarily in one specialized area or areas of his or her expertise.
(5) Be responsible for assuring that pupils have full educational opportunity regardless of the district of residence.
(c) For purposes of Section 41403, a program specialist shall be considered a pupil services employee, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 41401.
(Amended by Stats. 1992, Ch. 759, Sec. 31.)