Subchapter 3.75. California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (Caaspp). Article 2. Achievement Tests and Any Primary Language Test. CAASPP Test Security Agreement and Test Security Affidavit.
(a) All LEA CAASPP coordinators and CAASPP test site coordinators shall sign the CAASPP Test Security Agreement, set forth in subdivision (b), before receiving any of the test materials or tests administered pursuant to Education Code section 60640.
(b) The CAASPP Test Security Agreement shall be as follows:
CAASPP TEST SECURITY AGREEMENT
I acknowledge by my signature on this form that the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) tests pursuant to Education Code section 60640 are secure tests and agree to each of the following conditions to ensure test security:
(1) I will take all necessary precautions to safeguard all tests and test materials, whether paper-based or computer-based assessments, by limiting access to only persons within the LEA who are responsible for, and have professional interest in, the tests' security.
(2) I will keep on file the names of all persons who have been trained in the administration of CAASPP tests and all persons with access to tests and test materials, whether paper-based or computer-based assessments. I have and shall have all other persons having access to the tests and test materials read and sign the CAASPP Test Security Affidavit that will be kept on file in the LEA office.
(3) Except during the administration of the tests, I will keep the paper-pencil tests, and their test materials in a securely locked room that can be entered only with a key or keycard and, when possible, in a locked storage cabinet within that room.
(4) I will securely destroy all print-on-demand papers, scratch paper, and other documents as prescribed within the contractor's(s') or consortium's administrative manuals and documentation.
(5) With the exception of subdivision (6) below, I will deliver tests and test materials or allow electronic access thereto, only on actual testing dates and only to those persons who have executed CAASPP Test Security Affidavits.
(6) For an alternate assessment (CAPA or its successor alternate assessment), I will keep all tests and testing materials in the manner set forth above in subdivisions (3) and (5) except during actual testing administration or when being used by test examiners to prepare for and to administer the assessment. I will adhere to the contractor's directions for the distribution of the assessment materials to test examiners.
By signing my name to this document, I am assuring that I have completely read and will abide by the above conditions.
Print Name: ___________________________________________________
(c) All test examiners, proctors, translators, scribes, LEA CAASPP coordinators and CAASPP test site coordinators, and any other persons having access to any of the tests and test materials, assessment technology platform, registration system, adaptive engine, or tests administered pursuant to Education Code section 60640, shall acknowledge the limited purpose of their access to the tests by signing the CAASPP Test Security Affidavit set forth in subdivision (d).
(d) The CAASPP Test Security Affidavit shall be as follows:
CAASPP TEST SECURITY AFFIDAVIT
I acknowledge that I will have access to one or more of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) tests pursuant to Education Code section 60640, for the purpose of administering the test(s). I understand that these materials are highly secure and may be under copyright restrictions and it is my professional responsibility to protect their security as follows:
(1) I will not divulge the contents of the tests and test materials to any other person through verbal, written, or any other means of communication. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing or posting test content via the Internet or by email without the express written permission of the CDE.
(2) I will not copy or take a photo of any part of the test(s) or test materials. This includes, but is not limited to, photocopying (including enlarging) and recording without prior expressed written permission of the CDE.
(3) Except during the actual testing administrations or as otherwise provided for by law, I will keep the test(s) and test materials secure until the test(s) are actually distributed to pupils when tests and testing materials are checked in and out by the CAASPP test site coordinator. Keeping materials secure means that testing materials are required to be kept in a securely locked room that can be entered only with a key or keycard and, when possible, in a locked storage cabinet within that room.
(4) I will limit access to the test(s) and test materials by test examinees to the actual testing periods when they are taking the test(s). I understand that only pupils who are testing and LEA staff participating in the test administration who have signed a test security affidavit may be in the room when and where a test is being administered.
(A) I will keep all assigned, generated, or created usernames, passwords and logins secure and not divulge pupil personal information to anyone other than the pupil to whom the information pertains for the purpose of logging on to the assessment delivery system.
(B) I will not allow anyone other than the assigned pupils to log into their assigned test. I may assist a pupil with using their information to log into their assigned test.
(C) I will not use a pupil's information to log in as a pupil or allow a pupil to log in using another pupil's information.
(5) I will not allow pupils to access electronic devices that allow them to access outside information, communicate with other pupils, or photograph or copy test content. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), tablets, laptops, cameras, and electronic translation devices.
(6) I will collect and account for all materials following each testing session and will not permit pupils to remove any test materials by any means from the room(s) where testing takes place. After each testing session, I will count all test booklets and answer documents before allowing any pupil to leave the testing room and/or ensure that all pupils have properly logged off the assessment delivery system.
(7) I will not review any achievement test questions, passages, performance tasks, or other test items independently or with pupils or any other person at any time, including before, during, or following testing. I understand that this includes any discussion between LEA staff for training or professional development whether one-on-one or in a staff meeting.
(8) I will not, for any achievement test, develop scoring keys, review any pupil responses, or prepare answer documents. I understand that this includes coaching pupils or providing any other type of assistance to pupils that may affect their responses. This includes, but is not limited to, both verbal cues (e.g., interpreting, explaining, or paraphrasing the test items or prompts) and nonverbal cues (e.g., voice inflection, pointing, or nodding head) to the correct answer (anything that may indicate correct or incorrect answers), or completing or changing pupils' answers.
(9) I will return all test materials to the designated CAASPP test site coordinator each day upon completion of testing. I understand that all test booklets, answer documents, and scratch paper shall be returned to the CAASPP test site coordinator each day immediately after testing has been completed for storage or confidential destruction.
(10) If I will administer and/or observe the administration of an alternate assessment (CAPA or its successor alternate assessment), which means that I am a certificated or a licensed LEA employee and a trained examiner, I will keep all the alternate assessment (CAPA or its successor alternate assessment) materials in a securely locked room, and, when possible, in a locked storage cabinet within that room except when I am preparing for the administration, administering or observing the administration of the assessment to pupils.
(11) I will actively supervise pupils throughout the paper-pencil testing session to ensure that they are working on the correct test section or part, marking their answers in the correct section of their answer documents, following instructions, and are accessing only authorized materials (non-embedded universal tools, designated supports, accommodations, or individualized aids) needed for the test being administered.
(12) I will actively supervise pupils throughout the testing session and verify that pupils have selected the appropriate assessment for the testing session and have completed any necessary preceeding test sections and/or classroom activities.
(13) I will administer the test(s) in accordance with the directions for test administration and test administration manuals prepared by the CAASPP testing contractor(s), or any additional guidance provided by the CAASPP test contractor(s). I understand that the unauthorized copying, sharing, or reusing of any test booklet, test question, performance task, or answer document by any means is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, photocopying, recording, emailing, messaging (instant, text, or multimedia messaging service, or digital application), using a camera/camera phone, and sharing or posting test content via the Internet without the express prior written permission of the CDE.
(14) I have been trained to administer the tests. By signing my name to this document, I am assuring that I have completely read this affidavit and will abide by the above conditions.
Print Name: __________________________________________________
(e) To maintain the security of the CAASPP assessment system, all LEA CAASPP coordinators and CAASPP test site coordinators shall immediately, within 24 hours, notify the CDE of any security breaches or testing irregularities occurring either before, during, or after the test administration(s).
Education Code 33031
Education Code 60605
Education Code 60602.5
Education Code 60605
Education Code 60640
(Amended by Register 2014, No. 35.)