(a) From funds appropriated for the purpose of this article, the Superintendent shall award incentive funding to provide school administrators with instruction and training in areas that include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) School financial and personnel management. This training shall specifically provide instruction related to personnel management, including hiring, recruitment, and retention practices and misassignments of certificated personnel.
(2) Core academic standards.
(3) Curriculum frameworks and instructional materials aligned to the state academic standards, including ensuring the provisions of textbooks and instructional materials as defined in Section 60119.
(4) The use of state and local pupil assessment instruments, specific ways of mastering the use of assessment data from the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program, including analyzing achievement of specific subgroups including English language learners and individuals with exceptional needs, and school management technology to improve pupil performance.
(5) The provision of instructional leadership and management strategies regarding the use of instructional technology to improve pupil performance.
(6) Extension of the leadership knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired in the preliminary administrative preparation program that are designed to strengthen the ability of school administrators to effectively and efficiently lead an organization and build the capacity of staff to enhance the academic performance of all pupils, including special emphasis on providing additional support to pupils identified as English language learners and individuals with exceptional needs.
(b) Leadership training to improve the academic achievement of pupils shall include, but not be limited to, capacity building in all of the following areas:
(1) Pedagogies of learning.
(2) Motivating pupil learning.
(3) Instructional strategies, to teach essential content in ways that address the varied learning needs of pupils, with special emphasis on English language learners and individuals with exceptional needs.
(5) Conflict resolution, including reduction of racial tensions.
(6) Respect for diversity.
(7) Parental involvement.
(8) Staff relations.
(9) Creation of an effective, safe, and inclusive learning environment.
(10) Single plan for pupil achievement.
(c) All local educational agencies are eligible to apply for funds appropriated for the purpose of this article.
(Amended by Stats. 2005, Ch. 364, Sec. 3.)