Legal Resources | | EC 44510
Article 4.6. Principal Training Program
(a) This article shall be known and may be cited as the Administrator Training Program.
(b) The Administrator Training Program is hereby created. The Superintendent, with the approval of the State Board of Education, shall administer the program.
(c) For purposes of this article, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Hard-to-staff school" means a school in which teachers holding emergency permits or credential waivers make up 20 percent or more of the teaching staff.
(2) "Local educational agency" means a school district, a county office of education, or a charter school.
(3) "High-priority school" means a school in the bottom half of all schools based on the Academic Performance Index rankings established pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 52056.
(4) "School administrator" means a person employed on a full-time or a part-time basis as a principal or a vice principal at a public school or state special school in which kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12, inclusive, are taught.
(5) "Coaching" means the provision of mentoring or individualized support to school administrators pursuant to this article by a person who has received professional development in coaching strategies and techniques by a local educational agency, professional development organization, or institution of higher education.
(Amended by Stats. 2005, Ch. 364, Sec. 2.)
Education Code 52056