(a) For purposes of this section, "commission" means the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission.
(b) Except as provided in subdivision (d), this chapter does not apply to any policy, plan, or guideline adopted by the commission prior to January 1, 1996, pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 66650) of Title 7.2 of this code or Division 19 (commencing with Section 29000) of the Public Resources Code.
(c) The issuance or denial by the commission of any permit pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 66632, and the issuance or denial by, or appeal to, the commission of any permit pursuant to Chapter 6 (commencing with Section 29500) of Division 19 of the Public Resources Code, are not subject to this chapter.
(d) (1) Any amendments or other changes to the San Francisco Bay Plan or to a special area plan pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 66650) of Title 7.2, and amendments or other changes to the Suisun Marsh Protection Plan, as defined in Section 29113 of the Public Resources Code, or in the Suisun Marsh local protection program, as defined in Section 29111 of the Public Resources Code, adopted by the commission on and after January 1, 1996, shall be submitted to the office.
(2) The commission shall include in its submittal to the office pursuant to paragraph (1) both of the following documents:
(A) A clear and concise summary of any regulatory provision adopted or approved by the commission as part of the proposed change for publication in the California Code of Regulations.
(B) The administrative record for the proceeding, and a list of the documents relied upon in making the change. Proposed additions to the plans shall be indicated by underlined text, and proposed deletions shall be indicated by strike-through text in documents submitted as part of the administrative record for the proceeding.
(3) The office shall review the regulatory provisions to determine compliance with the standards of necessity, authority, clarity, consistency, reference, and nonduplication set forth in subdivision (a) of Section 11349.1. The office shall also review the responses to public comments prepared by the commission to determine compliance with the public participation requirements of Sections 11000 to 11007, inclusive, of Title 14 of the California Code of Regulations, and to ensure that the commission considers all relevant matters presented to it before adopting, amending, or repealing any regulatory provision, and that the commission explains the reasons for not modifying a proposed plan change to accommodate an objection or recommendation. The office shall restrict its review to the regulatory provisions and the administrative record of the proceeding. Sections 11349.3, 11349.4, 11349.5, and 11350.3 shall apply to the review by the office to the extent that those sections are consistent with this section.
(4) In reviewing proposed changes to the commission's plans for the criteria specified in subdivision (a) of Section 11349.1, the office shall consider the clarity of the proposed plan change in the context of the commission's existing plans.
(5) The proposed plan or program change subject to this subdivision shall not become effective unless and until the regulatory provisions are approved by the office in accordance with subdivision (a) of Section 11349.3.
(6) Upon approval of the regulatory provisions, the office shall transmit to the Secretary of State for filing the clear and concise summary of the regulatory provisions submitted by the commission.
(e) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (c), the adoption of any regulation by the commission shall be subject to this chapter in all respects.
(Amended by Stats. 1996, Ch. 124, Sec. 35.)