topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  24605  

Loss of payments   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

Upon receipt of proof satisfactory to the board, that a warrant drawn in payment of a retirement allowance or in payment of any other account due from the plan under this part, has been lost or that payment transmitted electronically cannot be credited to an account, the Controller upon the request of the board shall issue a replacement warrant in payment of the same amount, without requiring a bond from the payee, and any loss incurred in connection therewith shall be charged against the fund from which the payment was derived.

(Amended by Stats. 1998, Ch. 965, Sec. 207.)