(a) Any school district may enter into leases and agreements relating to real property and buildings to be used by the school district pursuant to this article.
(b) As used in this article, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Best value" means a competitive procurement process whereby the selected proposer is selected on the basis of objective criteria for evaluating the qualifications of proposers with the resulting selection representing the best combination of price and qualifications.
(2) "Best value score" means the total score awarded to a proposer for all scored evaluation factors.
(3) "Building" includes each of the following:
(A) One or more buildings located or to be located on one or more sites.
(B) The remodeling of any building located on a site to be leased pursuant to this article.
(C) Onsite and offsite facilities, utilities, or improvements that the governing board of the school district determines are necessary for the proper operation or function of the school facilities to be leased.
(D) The permanent improvement of school grounds.
(4) "Preconstruction services" means advice during the design phase including, but not limited to, scheduling, pricing, and phasing to assist the school district to design a more constructible project.
(5) "Site" includes one or more sites, and also may include any building or buildings located or to be located on a site.
(Amended by Stats. 2016, Ch. 521, Sec. 1.)