topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  41360  

Article 4. Loans and Advances   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

Loans may be made from moneys in the Public School District Organization Revolving Fund to newly organized elementary, high school, or unified school districts upon application of the governing board of any such district, certified by the county superintendent of schools and approved by the Superintendent of Public Instruction for use by the district during the period from the date the action to form the district was completed and the date the district becomes effective for all purposes. Money loaned to a district pursuant to this section shall be used only to meet (a) the expenses of office rental, office supplies, postage, telephone, and telegraphing; (b) the expenses of necessary elections required by law or authorized by Section 4062; and (c) the expenses of employing, the salary of, and necessary travel expenses of officers and necessary clerical help for the governing board.

During each of the two successive fiscal years commencing with the first fiscal year of the existence of the school district for all purposes, the State Controller shall deduct from apportionments made to such school district an amount equal to one-half of the amount loaned to such school district under this section and pay the same amount into the Public School District Organization Revolving Fund in the State Treasury.

(Enacted by Stats. 1976, Ch. 1010.)


Education Code 4062