topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources |  |  EC  48269  


arrow Previous bar Next arrow

If the parent, guardian, or other person having control or charge of the child, within three days after the rendition of the judgment executes a bond to the governing board of the school district in the sum of two hundred dollars ($200), conditioned that the child will, during the remainder of the current school year, regularly attend some public or private school in the city, or city and county, or school district, and not be insubordinate or disorderly during attendance, then the court may make an order suspending the execution of the judgment so long as the condition of the bond is complied with. The bond shall be filed with the secretary of the board of education, or clerk of the board of trustees. All money paid or collected on the bond shall be paid into the county treasury as provided in Section 41001.

(Amended by Stats. 1982, Ch. 517, Sec. 198.)