(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, for any elementary school district that meets all of the criteria specified in subdivision (b), the base revenue limit for the 1988-89 fiscal year and each subsequent fiscal year computed pursuant to Section 42238 shall be computed as though the 1987-88 base revenue limit per unit of average daily attendance was two thousand nine hundred sixty-five dollars ($2,965). The county superintendent shall compute the revenue limit on that basis.
(b) The revenue limit computation described in subdivision (a) shall apply to any elementary school district that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) The minority enrollment in the district in the 1987-88 school year was greater than 98 percent.
(2) The AFDC enrollment in the district in the 1987-88 school year was greater than 32 percent.
(3) The district ranked in all of the following categories in the 1986-87 California Assessment Program as follows:
(A) Lowest 3 percent for third grade reading.
(B) Lowest 2 percent for sixth grade reading.
(C) Lowest 1 percent for eighth grade reading.
(D) Lowest 1 percent for sixth grade mathematics.
(E) Lowest 1 percent for eighth grade mathematics.
(F) Lowest 1 percent for history/social science.
(G) Lowest 1 percent for science.
(4) The district's 1987-88 base revenue limit was 2 percent below the statewide average for elementary districts and 7 percent below the county average for elementary districts.
(5) The district is under a court order as of the effective date of this act.
(Added by Stats. 1988, Ch. 1150, Sec. 1.)
Education Code 42238