Additional Appropriate Provisions; Description of Petition Available to Public and Governing Boards
(a) The county committee may add to the petition any of the appropriate provisions specified in Article 3 (commencing with Section 35730) that were not included in the petition as filed and may amend any such provision that was so included.
(b) At least 10 days before the public hearing, or hearings, on the petition, the county committee shall make available to the public and to the governing boards affected by the petition a description of the petition, including all of the following:
(1) The rights of the employees in the affected districts to continued employment.
(2) The local control funding formula allocation pursuant to Section 42238.02, as implemented by Section 42238.03, per pupil, for each affected district and the effect of the petition, if approved, on that allocation.
(3) Whether the school districts involved will be governed, in part, by provisions of a city charter and, if so, in what way.
(4) Whether the governing boards of any proposed new district will have five or seven members.
(5) A description of the territory or school districts in which the election, if any, will be held.
(6) Where the proposal is to create two or more new districts, whether the proposal will be voted on as a single proposition.
(7) Whether the governing board of any new district will have trustee areas and, if so, whether the trustees will be elected by only the voters of that trustee area or by the voters of the entire school district.
(8) A description of how the property, obligations, and bonded indebtedness of original districts will be divided.
(9) A description of when the first governing board of any new district will be elected and how the terms of office for each new trustee will be determined.
(Amended by Stats. 2016, Ch. 186, Sec. 21.)