topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  5031  

Trustee area boundaries; maps   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

Whenever a school district or community college district is divided for governing board membership purposes into wards, supervisorial districts, or trustee areas, the county superintendent of schools shall prepare and keep in his or her office a map showing the boundaries of such subdivisions of all districts under his or her jurisdiction. Whenever a proposal to initiate a change in trustee area boundaries is submitted to a county committee on school district organization pursuant to Section 5019 by resolution of the governing board of a district, and the proposal is approved, the costs of preparing, developing, and duplicating the maps and legal descriptions shall be borne by the district.

The county superintendent shall also prepare and keep in his or her office a record of all actions taken by the county committee on district organization in connection with trustee area boundaries.

(Amended by Stats. 1982, Ch. 678, Sec. 1.)


Education Code 5019