Santa Clara USD | AR 4040 Personnel
Employee Use Of Technology
Online/Internet Services: User Obligations and Responsibilities
Employees are authorized to use district equipment to access the Internet or other online services in accordance with Board policy, the district's Acceptable Use Agreement, and the user obligations and responsibilities specified below.
1. The employee in whose name an online services account is issued is responsible for its proper use at all times. Employees shall keep account information, home addresses, and telephone numbers private. They shall use the system only under the account number to which they have been assigned.
2. Employees shall use the system safely, responsibly, and primarily for work-related purposes.
3. Employees shall not access, post, submit, publish, or display harmful or inappropriate matter that is threatening, obscene, disruptive, or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or political beliefs.
(cf. 4030 - Nondiscrimination in Employment)
(cf. 4031 - Complaints Concerning Discrimination in Employment)
4. Employees shall not use the system to promote unethical practices or any activity prohibited by law, Board policy, or administrative regulations.
5. Employees shall not use the system to engage in commercial or other for-profit activities without permission of the Superintendent or designee.
6. Copyrighted material shall be posted online only in accordance with applicable copyright laws.
(cf. 6162.6 - Use of Copyrighted Materials)
7. Employees shall not attempt to interfere with other users' ability to send or receive email, nor shall they attempt to read, delete, copy, modify, or forge other users' email.
8. Employees shall not develop any classroom or work-related web sites, blogs, forums, or similar online communications representing the district or using district equipment or resources without permission of the Superintendent or designee. Such sites shall be subject to rules and guidelines established for district online publishing activities including, but not limited to, copyright laws, privacy rights, and prohibitions against obscene, libelous, and slanderous content. Because of the unfiltered nature of blogs, any such site shall include a disclaimer that the district is not responsible for the content of the messages. The district retains the right to delete material on any such online communications.
(cf. 1113 - District and School Web Sites)
9. Users shall report any security problem or misuse of the services to the Superintendent or designee.
10. Employees who fail to abide by these regulations shall by subject to revocation of user privileges, disciplinary measures and legal action as appropriate.
52270-52272 Education technology and professional development grants
3543.1 Rights of employee organizations
502 Computer crimes, remedies
632 Eavesdropping on or recording confidential communications
23123 Wireless telephones in vehicles
23123.5 Mobile communication devices; text messaging while driving
23125 Wireless telephones in school buses
UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 20
6777 Internet safety
UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 47
254 Universal service discounts (E-rate)
CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS, TITLE 47
54.520 Internet safety policy and technology protection measures, E-rate discounts
American Library Association: http://www.ala.org
California Department of Education: http://www.cde.ca.gov
Federal Communications Commission: http://www.fcc.gov
U.S. Department of Education: http://www.ed.gov
Regulation SANTA CLARA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: August 22, 2013 Santa Clara, California