Santa Clara USD | AR 3516.1 Business and Noninstructional Operations
Fire Drills And Fires
The principal shall cause the fire alarm signal to be sounded at least once every month. (Education Code 32001)
The principal shall also hold fire drills at least once a month at the elementary level, four times every school year at the intermediate level, and not less than twice every school year at the secondary level. (Education Code 32001)
1. The principal shall notify staff as to the schedule for fire drills.
2. Whenever a fire drill is held, all students, teachers and other employees shall be directed to leave the building. (5 CCR 550)
3. Teachers shall ascertain that no student remains in the building.
4. Teachers shall be prepared to select alternate exits and shall direct their classes to these exits whenever the designated escape route is blocked.
5. The principal or designee shall keep a record of each fire drill conducted and file a copy of this record with the office of the Superintendent or designee.
17074.50-17074.56 Automatic fire detection, alarm and sprinkler systems
32001 Uniform fire signals
32040 Duty to equip school with first aid kit
CODE OF REGULATIONS, TITLE 5
550 Fire drills
Regulation SANTA CLARA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: July 11, 2013 Santa Clara, California