The Superintendent of Public Instruction shall administer the grant application process. School district applications shall include the following:
(a) Certification by the governing board that the requirements of Section 44757 or 44757.2, or both, as appropriate, shall be met.
(b) Certification by the governing board of the school district that the district is implementing a balanced, comprehensive reading instruction program.
(c) A description of how the school district shall address the following:
(1) Augmentation of resources for reading instruction staff development through the use of staff development days authorized pursuant to Section 44670.6.
(2) Augmentation of resources for reading instruction staff development through the use of funds available from other state and federal sources.
(3) Augmentation of resources for reading instruction staff development through the use of training provided by publishers that address the subjects contained in subdivision (b) of Section 44757.
(4) Involvement of the parents and guardians of pupils enrolled in the school district.
(5) Ensuring that teachers are provided time to collaborate, discuss, and reflect on, and to the degree possible, be coached on classroom implementation of what has been provided in staff development sessions.
(6) Ensuring that implementation of training and pupil results relative to grade-level standards in reading are monitored to ensure a positive impact of the training.
(Added by Stats. 1997, Ch. 286, Sec. 7.)
Education Code 44670.6 (Repealed by Stats. 1998, Ch. 313, Sect. 4.)
Education Code 44757
Education Code 44757.2