(a) The institution selected under Section 44782 shall be assisted by an advisory committee, the function of which shall be:
(1) To review and comment on plans for the establishment of the resource centers.
(2) To assist in determining criteria for local and private funding matches to be required for the operation of each resource center.
(3) To advise the project on the selection of proposals for funding.
(b) The advisory committee shall contain the following members:
(1) Ten members appointed by representatives of higher education, two each to be selected by the President of the University of California, the Chancellor of the California State University, the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges, the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities, and the California Postsecondary Education Commission. At least one of the appointees of each of these appointing entities shall be an elementary or secondary school classroom teacher with classroom experience in international studies instruction.
(2) Four public members with special interest or competence in international affairs, representing business, community, and subject area educational organizations, one each to be selected by the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Governor, the Speaker of the Assembly, and the Senate Committee on Rules.
(3) Three certificated school teachers, or other educators, with classroom experience in international studies instruction, to be designated by the institution selected to operate the project.
(Amended by Stats. 2001, Ch. 745, Sec. 21.)