(a) The three-year plan developed pursuant to paragraph (1) of subdivision (b) of Section 44682 shall address, but need not be limited to, objectives identified pursuant to Sections 44670.4, 52014, and 52015, and the capacity of site and central district administrators to provide leadership necessary to do the following:
(1) Improve instructional, management, human development, and counseling skills.
(2) Ensure that curricula, instruction, and materials are keyed to the educational needs of each pupil, with particular emphasis on pupils who have not achieved proficiency in basic reading, writing, and computational skills, limited and non-English speaking pupils, disadvantaged pupils, and pupils with exceptional abilities or needs.
(3) Develop curricula and instructional materials in a wide variety of areas such as arts and humanities and physical, natural, and social sciences.
(4) Promote, facilitate, and ensure active participation of the school staff in the school decisionmaking process, and collaboration among the school staff, and among the staff and members of the school community, in the educational and administrative planning, implementing, and evaluating of the school program.
(5) Improve the school and classroom environment, including relationships between and among pupils, school personnel, and community members, including parents.
(6) Make available followup activities to assist participating individuals in using newly acquired skills on the job.
(b) Each three-year plan shall describe the following:
(1) General staff development objectives and steps necessary to achieve the objectives in subdivision (a), including intended outcomes.
(2) A proposed budget.
(3) Procedures for ongoing evaluation and modification of training activities including evaluation on a continuing basis by participating administrators and outside personnel as necessary.
(c) Administrator training and evaluation programs shall be designed and implemented under the direction of participating school and district administrators, including the district administrators or administrators responsible for supervision of curriculum and instruction, and in cooperation with teacher training institutions. The programs shall allow for diversity in development activities, including, but not limited to, small groups, self-directed learning, and systematic observation during visits to other schools.
The district administrator or administrators responsible for curriculum and instruction, or other central district administrators shall be included as active participants in one or more staff development activities pursuant to this article whenever appropriate.
The amendments made to Section 44681 and to paragraph (4) of subdivision (a) of this section by the Statutes of 1986 shall be applicable only to three-year plans developed on or after January 1, 1987.
(Amended by Stats. 1986, Ch. 363, Sec. 2.)
Education Code 44670.4 (Repealed by Stats. 2002, Ch. 1032, Sect. 4.)
Education Code 44681
Education Code 44682
Education Code 52014 (Repealed)
Education Code 52015 (Repealed)