(a) All of the following are applicable to all public works projects that are otherwise subject to the requirements of this chapter:
(1) The call for bids and contract documents shall specify that the project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations.
(2) The awarding body shall post or require the prime contractor to post job site notices, as prescribed by regulation.
(3) Each contractor and subcontractor shall furnish the records specified in Section 1776 directly to the Labor Commissioner, in the following manner:
(A) At least monthly or more frequently if specified in the contract with the awarding body.
(B) In a format prescribed by the Labor Commissioner.
(4) The department shall undertake those activities it deems necessary to monitor and enforce compliance with prevailing wage requirements.
(b) The Labor Commissioner may exempt a public works project from compliance with all or part of the requirements of subdivision (a) of this section if either of the following occurs:
(1) The awarding body has enforced an approved labor compliance program, as defined in Section 1771.5, on all public works projects under its authority, except those deemed exempt pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 1771.5, continuously since December 31, 2011.
(2) The awarding body has entered into a collective bargaining agreement that binds all contractors performing work on the project and that includes a mechanism for resolving disputes about the payment of wages.
(c) (1) The requirements of paragraph (1) of subdivision (a) shall only apply to contracts for public works projects awarded on or after January 1, 2015.
(2) The requirements of paragraph (3) of subdivision (a) shall only apply to the following projects:
(A) Projects that were subject to a requirement to furnish records to the Compliance Monitoring Unit pursuant to Section 16461 of Title 8 of the California Code of Regulations, prior to the effective date of this section.
(B) Projects for which the initial contract is awarded on or after April 1, 2015.
(C) Any other ongoing project in which the Labor Commissioner directs the contractors or subcontractors on the project to furnish records in accordance with paragraph (3) of subdivision (a).
(D) All projects, whether new or ongoing, on or after January 1, 2016.
(Added by Stats. 2014, CH. 28, Sec. 66.)