Application for License. Chapter 1. Child Care Center General Licensing Requirements. Article 3. Application Procedures
(a) Any adult, partnership, corporation, county, city, public agency or other governmental entity wishing to obtain a license shall fill out and file with the Department an Application Booklet (LIC 281A [12/96]), as well as submit to the Department the documents specified in Section 101169(d) below.
(1) Applicants for licensure of a combination center may file one application.
(A) Licensees requesting the addition of a toddler component to their preschool or infant care program shall submit an amended application consisting of an Application for a Child Day Care Center License (LIC 200A [12/92]); a program description; a sketch of the center showing where the toddler component will be located; a schedule for outdoor activities; and, if necessary, a fire clearance. The toddler component is considered an extension of the preschool or infant care license.
(2) Each separately licensed component of a single program shall be capable of independently meeting the provisions of applicable regulations as determined by the Department.
(3) The Department has the authority to issue one license to a single program, or to a separately licensed component of a single program, that is located in multiple buildings at a common address.
(b) Prior to filing an LIC 281A (12/96) and the documents specified in Section 101169(d) below, the applicant shall attend an orientation provided by the Department.
(1) The orientation shall cover, but not be limited to, the following areas:
(A) How to complete the application process.
(B) Scope of child care center operation subject to regulation by the Department.
(2) A licensee applying for another child care center license need not attend another orientation within two years of completing a previous orientation.
(3) An applicant applying for more than one child care center license is only required to attend one orientation.
(c) The applicant/licensee shall cooperate with the Department in providing verification and/or documentation as requested by the Department.
(d) The LIC 281A (12/96) and supporting documents shall together contain the following:
(1) Name (or proposed name) and address of the child care center.
(2) Name, and residence and mailing addresses of applicant.
(A) If the applicant is a partnership, copies of the partnership agreement and all documents governing the partnership, as well as the name and principal business address of each partner.
(B) If the applicant is a corporation or association, the name, title and principal business address of each officer, executive director and member of the governing board.
(C) If the applicant is a corporation that issues stock, the name and address of each person owning more than 10 percent of stock in the corporation.
(D) If the applicant is a corporation, a copy of the articles of incorporation, the constitution, the bylaws, and the board resolution authorizing the submission of the application.
(E) If the applicant is a corporation, each member of the board of directors, executive director, and any officer shall list the name of all facilities which they have been licensed to operate, employed by or a member of the board of the directors, executive director or an officer.
(3) If the applicant is leasing or renting the premises of the child care center, a copy of the lease or rental agreement and the name, address and telephone number of the property owner.
(4) The category of child care center to be operated.
(5) Maximum number of children to be served.
(6) Age range and the categories of children to be served including, but not limited to, children with disabilities and/or nonambulatory children.
(7) Hours or periods of operation of the child care center.
(8) Name of administrator.
(9) Information required by Health and Safety Code Section 1596.95(d).
(10) Information required by Health and Safety Code Section 1596.95(e).
(11) Name, address and telephone number of the city or county fire department, the district providing fire protection services, or the State Fire Marshal's office with jurisdiction in the area where the child care center is located.
(12) A plan of operation as specified in Section 101173.
(13) Fingerprint cards as specified in Section 101170.
(14) Requests to check the Child Abuse Registry as required by Health and Safety Code Section 1596.877.
(15) A health-screening report on the applicant as specified in Section 101216(g).
(16) The processing fee for an application as specified in Section 101187.
(17) Water supply clearance as specified in Section 101172.
(18) Evidence that the applicant has posted signs at the entrance to the child care center that provide the telephone number of the local health department and information on child passenger restraint systems pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 1596.95(g) and Vehicle Code sections 27360 and 27360.5.
(A) The signs shall provide all of the following information:
1. Protect your child - it is the law.
2. All the information specified in Sections 27360 and 27360.5 of the Vehicle Code regarding child passenger restraint systems.
3. Call your local health department for more information.
(19) Such other information as may be required pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 1596.95(h).
(20) Evidence regarding the applicant's reputable and responsible character as required by Health and Safety Code Section 1596.95(b).
(e) The application shall be signed by the applicant.
(1) If the applicant is a partnership, the application shall be signed by each partner.
(2) If the applicant is a corporation, county, city, public agency or other governmental entity, the application shall be signed by the chief executive officer or the authorized representative.
(f) The application shall be filed with the Department's office that serves the geographical area in which the child care center is located.
Health and Safety Code 1596.81
Health and Safety Code 1596.81
Health and Safety Code 1596.83
Health and Safety Code 1596.856
Health and Safety Code 1596.877
Health and Safety Code 1596.95
Health and Safety Code 1596.952(a)
Health and Safety Code 1596.955
Health and Safety Code 1596.956
(Amended by Register 2015, No. 23.)