Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 54444.4
Parent advisory councils
(a) The responsibilities of parent advisory councils at the district, regional, and state levels shall include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
(1) The establishment of migrant education program goals, objectives, and priorities.
(2) The review of annual needs and year-end assessment, as well as program activities, for each school, and a review of individualized educational plans.
(3) Advice on the selection, development, and reassignment of migrant education program staff.
(4) Active involvement in the planning and negotiation of program applications and service agreements required under Section 54444.1.
(5) All other responsibilities required under state and federal laws or regulations.
(b) The responsibilities of the school districts or other agencies operating programs for migrant pupils include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Providing services in compliance with applicable state and federal laws or regulations.
(2) Providing information to parents.
(3) Providing support to instructional staff.
(c) The responsibilities of the region include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Providing funding to operating agencies within its jurisdiction in accordance with service agreements.
(2) Providing technical assistance to operating agencies operating under service agreements.
(3) Providing interagency coordination to improve the services available to participating pupils.
(4) Providing training for the parents and members of district, regional, and school parent advisory councils.
(5) Providing or arranging for staff development services for migrant education staff at the school and district levels.
(6) Providing direct services required pursuant to a service agreement entered into by the region.
(d) The responsibilities of the State Board of Education and the department shall be as set forth in the State Master Plan for Migrant Education developed under Section 54442.
(Added by Stats. 1981, Ch. 942, Sec. 10.)