Lakeside Union SD (Lakeside) | AR 6116 Instruction
In order to allow students to take full advantage of learning opportunities while in the classroom, school staff shall ensure that interruptions are kept to a minimum. Strategies to reduce classroom interruptions include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Scheduling of announcements, activities, and events should take into account the need for uninterrupted instructional time.
2. Informing school visitors that, whenever possible, they should make appointments in advance, in accordance with district policy.
(cf. 1240 - Volunteer Assistance)
(cf. 1250 - Visitors/Outsiders)
(cf. 3515.2 - Disruptions)
3. Notifying parents/guardians that they should go to the school office rather than the classroom when they are dropping off their child late, picking him/her up early, or bringing by any forgotten items from home.
4. Notifying school staff that they should refrain from conducting personal business during instructional time.
(cf. 4040 - Employee Use of Technology)
5. Scheduling of classroom parties should take into account the need for uninterrupted instructional time. Two classroom parties are allowed each year. These two parties will be planned by parents/guardians and the classroom teacher to provide the least amount of impact on the instructional program,
32211 Restricting access to school grounds based on threatened disruption or interference
32212 Classroom interruptions
48901.5 Authority to regulate use of electronic devices
51512 Prohibited use of electronic listening or recording device
Instructional Time Task Force Report, 2007
Regulation LAKESIDE UNION SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: September 17, 2012 Lakeside, California