Legal Resources | | EC 17022.7
(a) The funding for any reconstruction project approved by the board pursuant to this chapter that meets the requirements set forth in subdivision (b) shall include all of the following, not to exceed the total cost of the reconstruction project or 75 percent of the replacement cost of the facility to be reconstructed, whichever is less:
(1) Twenty-five percent of the replacement cost of the facility.
(2) A funding entitlement to the extent that the reconstruction will result in an increased capacity of the facility to house pupils, calculated pursuant to the cost standards for new construction established by the board under Section 17017.
(3) Any costs incurred by the district as required to ensure that the facility, as reconstructed, complies with applicable structural safety standards for school buildings pursuant to Article 3 (commencing with Section 17280) and Article 6 (commencing with Section 17365) of Chapter 2 of Part 10.5, and Article 7 (commencing with Section 81130) and Article 8 (commencing with Section 81160) of Chapter 1 of Part 49.
(b) In order to qualify for the funding entitlement set forth in subdivision (a), a school district reconstruction project shall be required to meet all of the following conditions:
(1) The facility to be reconstructed is at least 30 years old as of the date the application is filed.
(2) The cost of the reconstruction project exceeds 25 percent of the replacement cost of the facility.
(3) The reconstruction will result in an increased capacity of the facility to house pupils.
(c) No reconstruction project shall be approved under this chapter for which the total cost exceeds 75 percent of the replacement cost of the facility to be reconstructed.
(Added by Stats. 1996, Ch. 277, Sec. 2. Operative January 1, 1998.)
Education Code 17017
Education Code 17280
Education Code 17365
Education Code 81130
Education Code 81160