Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 76002
(a) For the purposes of receiving state apportionments, a community college district may include high school pupils who attend a community college within the district pursuant to Sections 48800 and 76001 in the district's report of full-time equivalent students (FTES) only if those pupils are enrolled in community college classes that meet all of the following criteria:
(1) The class is open to the general public.
(2) (A) The class is advertised as open to the general public in one or more of the following:
(i) The college catalog.
(ii) The regular schedule of classes.
(iii) An addenda to the college catalog or regular schedule of classes.
(B) If a decision to offer a class on a high school campus is made after the publication of the regular schedule of classes, and the class is solely advertised to the general public through electronic media, the class shall be so advertised for a minimum of 30 continuous days prior to the first meeting of the class.
(3) If the class is offered at a high school campus, the class may not be held during the time the campus is closed to the general public, as defined by the governing board of the school district during a regularly scheduled board meeting.
(4) If the class is a physical education class, no more than 10 percent of its enrollment may be comprised of special part-time or full-time students. A community college district may not receive state apportionments for special part-time and full-time students enrolled in physical education courses in excess of 5 percent of the district's total reported full-time equivalent enrollment of special part-time and full-time students.
(b) The governing board of a community college district may restrict the admission or enrollment of a special part-time or full-time student during any session based on any of the following criteria:
(2) Completion of a specified grade level.
(3) Demonstrated eligibility for instruction using assessment methods and procedures established pursuant to Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 78210) of Part 48 and regulations adopted by the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges.
(c) The Chancellor of the California Community Colleges shall prepare and submit to the Department of Finance and the Legislature, on or before March 1, 2004, and March 1 of each year thereafter, a report on the amount of FTES claimed by each community college district for special part-time and special full-time students for the preceding academic year in each of the following class categories:
(3) Degree-applicable, excluding physical education.
(4) Degree-applicable physical education.
(d) The Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges shall adopt rules and regulations to implement this section.
(Amended by Stats. 2003, Ch. 786, Sec. 5.)
Education Code 48800
Education Code 76001
Education Code 78210