topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  51225.5  

Honorary Diplomas for Foreign Exchange Students and Terminally Ill Students   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

The governing board of any school district maintaining a high school may confer honorary high school diplomas upon foreign exchange students from other countries who have not completed the course of study ordinarily required for graduation, and who are returning to their home countries following the completion of one academic school year in a school district in the state. Honorary high school diplomas awarded pursuant to this section shall be clearly distinguishable from the regular diplomas of graduation awarded by the district.

(Added by Stats. 1982, Ch. 206, Sec. 10.)