Kingsburg Elementary Charter | AR 4119.22 Personnel
Dress And Grooming
The Governing Board believes all employees are role models for students with whom they come in contact during and after school hours. Just as overall attitude and instructional competency contribute to a productive learning environment, so do appropriate dress and grooming. All personnel are expected to present a professional impression in their dress and appearance as well as project an acceptable role-model image for the students which is not offensive to community standards nor disruptive of the educational process.
Principals and supervisors are expected to counsel employees assigned to their sites, or that they supervise, on appearance and conduct in relation to the educational environment.
Conduct and Dress
The Staff recognizes the importance of promoting positive role models for our students in Kingsburg Elementary Charter School District. The Guidelines for Appropriate Dress include:
1. All clothing shall be neat, clean and acceptable in repair and appearance sufficient to be worn within the bounds of decency, modesty and good taste as appropriate for school.
2. Garments shall be sufficient to appropriately conceal undergarments at all times.
3. Articles of clothing, clothing styles or shoes which present a hazard to the health and safety of the employee or are disruptive/distracting to the educational practice are not acceptable.
4. Haircuts, hairstyles, make-up, and other cosmetic alterations which feature unusual or extreme colors to the extent they are disruptive to the educational process, are not acceptable.
5. Dress may vary depending upon special activities at each work site/or on field trips.
Regulation KINGSBURG ELEMENTARY CHARTER SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: February 18, 2014 Kingsburg, California
revised:: March 10, 2014