Kingsburg Elementary Charter | AR 1230 Community Relations
Persons proposing to establish a school-connected organization shall submit a request to the Governing Board for authorization to operate at the school. The request for authorization shall contain:
1. The name and purpose of the organization
2. The date of application
3. Bylaws, rules, and procedures under which the organization will operate, including procedures for maintaining the organization's finances, membership qualifications, if any, and an agreement that the group will not engage in unlawful discrimination
4. The names, addresses, and phone numbers of all officers
5. A list of specific objectives
6. An agreement to grant the district the right to audit the group's financial records at any time, either by district personnel or a certified public accountant
7. The name of the bank where the organization's account will be located and the names of those authorized to withdraw funds
8. The signature of the principal of the supporting school
9. Planned use for any money remaining at the end of the year if the organization is not continued or authorized to continue in the future
10. An agreement to provide evidence of liability insurance as required by law
(cf. 1330 - Use of School Facilities)
Requests for subsequent authorization shall be presented to the Superintendent or designee annually, along with a financial statement showing all income and expenditures from fund-raisers. If the Superintendent or designee proposes to deny the request for reauthorization, he/she shall present his recommendation to the Board for approval.
Upon consent of the Superintendent or designee, school-connected organizations may use the school's name, school team's name, or any logo attributable to the school or district.
School-connected organizations are prohibited from hiring or directly paying district employees. Organizations may make donations to the district to cover the costs of additional employees, but only if such positions are approved in advance by the Board. At their discretion, employees may volunteer to perform activities for school-connected organizations during non-working hours.
Regulation KINGSBURG ELEMENTARY CHARTER SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: February 21, 2012 Kingsburg, California