Kingsburg Elementary Charter | AR 5117 Students
Upon request by student's parents/guardians, the Superintendent or designee may accept or deny applications for attendance based on Education Codes 46600-46610. Such requests will be considered and approved or disapproved by the Governing Board at their regularly scheduled meetings.
Interdistrict attendance requests shall be governed by the following:
1. Residents of the district will have priority in enrollment and district services
2. Children of employees of Kingsburg Elementary Charter School District will be given second priority.
3. Priority will then be given to students previously enrolled in the district, by date enrolled.
4. When it is determined that the enrollment needs of resident students, children of employees, and previously enrolled students, have been met, the Superintendent or designee shall recommend to the Board the numbers of Interdistrict transfers for each grade level which can be accommodated. If students have been enrolled on the same admittance date, they shall be placed in a lottery and selected randomly.
a. Board approval of the recommendation: the Superintendent or designee shall contact the parents/guardians requesting the child's admittance in numerical order established by the aforementioned lottery. Such practice will be continued until the Board approved allotments have been met.
b. Board does not approve the recommendation from the Superintendent or designee: parents shall be contacted by mail as to the disposition of said Board position. Parents/guardians may request to be informed of the lottery position of their child.
5. All transfer requests are valid for only one school year.
Continued enrollment and re-enrollment of an approved interdistrict transfer is contingent on, but not limited to the agreed upon criteria on the Interdistrict Transfer Request Form. See Exhibit (1) 5117 (a, b).
Regulation KINGSBURG ELEMENTARY CHARTER SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: February 21, 2012 Kingsburg, California
revised: November 17, 2016
revised: December 13, 2019