(a) Every person, firm, association, partnership, or corporation operating a heritage school as defined in Section 33195.4 shall, between the 1st and 31st day of January of each year, commencing on January 1, 2011, file with the Superintendent an electronic registration form, under penalty of perjury, by the owner or other head setting forth the following information for the current year:
(1) All names, whether real or fictitious, of the person, firm, association, partnership, or corporation under which it has done and is doing business.
(2) The address, including city and street, of the location at which the heritage school delivers services to pupils.
(3) The names and addresses, including city and street, of the directors, if any, and principal officers of the person, firm, association, partnership, or corporation.
(4) The school enrollment, by grade span, number of teachers, and coeducational or enrollment limited to boys or girls.
(5) That the following records are maintained at the address stated, and are true and accurate:
(A) The courses of study offered by the institution.
(B) The names and addresses, including city and street, of its faculty, together with a record of the educational qualifications of each faculty member.
(6) Criminal record summary information that has been obtained pursuant to Section 44237.
(7) The heritage school telephone number.
(8) Acknowledgment that the director of the heritage school and all employees are mandated reporters and subject to the requirements established by the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (Article 2.5 (commencing with Section 11164) of Chapter 2 of Title 1 of Part 4 of the Penal Code) and, consistent with that act, certification that:
(A) The employer is aware that it is encouraged to provide its employees with training in the duties imposed by the act.
(B) Employees have signed a statement provided by the employer that the employees have knowledge of the act and will comply with its provisions.
(C) Employees have been notified by the employer of their reporting obligations and confidentiality rights, pursuant to Section 11165.9 of the Penal Code.
(b) If two or more heritage schools are under the effective control or supervision of a single administrative unit, the administrative unit shall comply with the provisions of this section by submitting an electronic registration form on behalf of every heritage school under its effective control or supervision.
(c) Filing pursuant to this section shall not be interpreted to mean, and it shall be unlawful for a school to expressly or impliedly represent, that the State of California, the Superintendent, the state board, the department or a division or bureau of the department, or an accrediting agency has made an evaluation, recognition, approval, or endorsement of the school or course, unless this is an actual fact.
(d) Filing pursuant to this section does not grant a heritage school a right to receive state funding.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 76, Sec. 32.)