General Provisions; California Retail Food Code
(a) The enforcement agency shall utilize a standardized food facility inspection format for food facility inspections that includes all of the following:
(1) The name and address of the food facility.
(2) Identification of the following inspection criteria, which shall be the basis of the inspection report:
(A) Improper holding temperatures of potentially hazardous foods.
(B) Improper cooling of potentially hazardous foods.
(C) Inadequate cooking of potentially hazardous foods.
(D) Poor personal hygiene of food employees.
(E) Contaminated equipment.
(F) Food from unapproved sources.
(3) For each violation identified pursuant to paragraph (2), classification of the violation as a minor violation or major violation.
(b) An enforcement agency may modify the format to add criteria to those specified pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (a), if both of the following conditions are met:
(1) The additional criteria are based on other provisions of this part.
(2) A violation is identified by reference to items and sections of this part, or the regulations adopted pursuant to this part relating to those items, if a food facility is cited for a violation of the additional criteria.
(c) This section shall not restrict the ability of the enforcement agency to inspect and report on criteria other than those subject to regulation under this part.
(Added by Stats. 2006, Ch. 23, Sec. 2.)