topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Code of Federal Regulations, Title 29 |    520.501, 0520.0501  

How do I obtain authority to employ student-learners at subminimum wages?   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) Employers wishing to employ student-learners at subminimum wages must apply for authority to do so from the Administrator at the Wage and Hour Division's Regional Office having administrative jurisdiction over the geographic area in which the employment is to take place. To obtain the address of the Regional Office which services your geographic area, please contact your local Wage and Hour Office (under "Department of Labor" in the blue pages of your local telephone book).

(b) Application must be made on the official form furnished by the Wage and Hour Division and must be signed by the employer, the appropriate school official and the student-learner. A separate application must be filed by the employer for each student-learner the employer proposes to employ at subminimum wages.

(The information collection requirements contained in paragraph (b) were approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1215-0192.)