topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Code of Federal Regulations, Title 29 |    520.204, 0520.0204  

If someone does not agree with the Department of Labor's decision on a certificate, can the decision be appealed?   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) Any person, applicant, trade union, association, etc. who does not agree with action granting or denying a certificate (pursuant to Secs. 520.406 and 520.505) may, within 60 days of that action or such additional time as the Administrator may allow, file with the Administrator a petition for review. The decision of the Administrator becomes final unless such a written request is timely filed.

(b) Such requests should contain a statement of the additional evidence which the person believes may materially affect the decision and establish that there were reasonable grounds for failure to present such evidence during the original certification process.

(c) If a request for reconsideration or review is granted, the Administrator, to the extent it is deemed appropriate, may afford other interested persons an opportunity to present data and views.

(d) The Administrator may conduct an investigation, which may include a hearing, prior to taking any action pursuant to this part.