Chawanakee USD | BP 1265 Community Relations
Maintaining an environment supportive of learning and free of disruptive conduct is crucial to the success of our children's education. To further this goal, it is the intent of the district to promote, through this policy, mutual respect, civility and orderly conduct among district employees, parents/guardians, and other members of the public. It is also the intent of this policy to encourage positive communication and discourage disruptive, volatile, hostile or aggressive communication or actions. Furthermore, this policy is intended to maintain, to the extent possible, a safe, harassment-free workplace for teachers, students, administrators, other staff, parents/guardians and the public. It is not the district's intent to deprive any person of his/her right to freedom of expression. The district encourages and expects the public's cooperation with and adherence to this policy.
Expected Level of Behavior
1. District employees and representatives should treat parents/guardians and other members of the public with civility, courtesy and respect.
2. Parents/guardians and other members of the public should treat staff and students and each other, while on school grounds and/or participating in school-related activities, with civility, courtesy and respect.
Any conduct that disrupts or interferes with the discipline, good order, lawful conduct or administration of any school class or activity of the school or district, constitutes unacceptable conduct behavior. Unacceptable conduct includes but is not limited to:
1. Disruption of or threats to disrupt school classrooms, activities, and/or operations;
2. Threats to the health and safety of students or district employees;
3. Battery or assault upon students, district employees or other persons;
4. Using obscenities or speaking in a demanding, loud, insulting and/or demeaning manner; and/or
5. Unauthorized entry onto district premises and school grounds.
Recourse Available to Parents/Guardians and Public in handling Unacceptable/
The Superintendent or designee shall establish regulations and procedures as necessary to provide a complaint process for alleged violations of the Civility Policy. (At current, the existing Board-approved complaint procedure will be utilized)
32210 Willful disturbance of public school or meeting
44014 Report of assault by pupil against school employee
44810 Willful interference with classroom conduct
44811 Disruption of class work or extracurricular activities
415.5 Disturbance of peace of school
416 Assembly to disturb peace; refusal to disperse
Policy CHAWANAKEE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: January 8, 2013 North Fork, California