Subchapter 7. No Child Left Behind Teacher Requirements. Article 3. Middle And High School Level Teachers. Middle and High School Teachers Not New to the Profession.
A teacher who meets NCLB requirements and is not new to the profession at the middle and high school levels, in addition to having at least a bachelor's degree and either being currently enrolled in an approved intern program for less than three years or holding a credential, must have passed or completed one of the following for every core subject currently assigned:
(1) A validated statewide subject matter examination that the Commission on Teacher Credentialing has utilized to determine subject matter competence for credentialing purposes,
(2) University subject matter program approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing,
(3) Undergraduate major in the subject taught,
(4) Graduate degree in the subject taught,
(5) Coursework equivalent to undergrad major,
(6) Advanced certification or credentialing (National Board Certification), or
(7) The high objective uniform state standard evaluation pursuant to article 2, section 6104.
Education Code 12001
20 USC 7801(23)
20 USC 6319(a)
(Amended by Register 2006, No. 23.)