Part E - Uniform Provisions. Subpart 2 - Other Provisions. General prohibitions.
(a) Prohibition None of the funds authorized under this chapter shall be used -
(1) to develop or distribute materials, or operate programs or courses of instruction directed at youth, that are designed to promote or encourage sexual activity, whether homosexual or heterosexual;
(2) to distribute or to aid in the distribution by any organization of legally obscene materials to minors on school grounds;
(3) to provide sex education or HIV-prevention education in schools unless that instruction is age appropriate and includes the health benefits of abstinence; or
(4) to operate a program of contraceptive distribution in schools.
(b) Local control Nothing in this section shall be construed to -
(1) authorize an officer or employee of the Federal Government to mandate, direct, review, or control a State, local educational agency, or school's instructional content, curriculum, and related activities;
(2) limit the application of the General Education Provisions Act [20 USC 1221 et seq.];
(3) require the distribution of scientifically or medically false or inaccurate materials or to prohibit the distribution of scientifically or medically true or accurate materials; or
(4) create any legally enforceable right.
(Pub. L. 89-10, title IX, Sec. 9526, as added Pub. L. 107-110, title IX, Sec. 901, Jan. 8, 2002, 115 Stat. 1982.)