(a) The Superintendent may reimburse approvable startup costs of child development agencies or facilities in an amount not to exceed 15 percent of the expansion or increase of each agency's total contract amount. Under no circumstances shall reimbursement for startup costs result in an increase in the agency's total contract amount. These funds shall be available for all of the following:
(1) The employment and orientation of necessary staff.
(2) The setting up of the program and facility.
(3) The finalization of rental agreements and the making of necessary deposits.
(4) The purchase of a reasonable inventory of materials and supplies.
(5) The purchase of an initial premium for insurance.
(b) Agencies shall submit claims for startup costs with their first quarterly reports.
(c) The Legislature recognizes that allowances for startup costs are necessary for the establishment and stability of new child development programs. Programs initially funded in the 1978-79 fiscal year and 1979-80 fiscal year are included in this section.
(Amended by Stats. 2006, Ch. 538, Sec. 87.)