Chawanakee USD | BP 7310 Facilities
Naming Of Facility
The Governing Board shall name district schools and other district-owned or leased buildings, grounds, and facilities.
Any name adopted for any new school shall not be so similar to the name of any existing district school as to result in confusion to members of the community.
When naming or renaming a district school, building, or facility, the Board may specify the duration for which the name shall be in effect.
Upon request, the Board shall consider planting commemorative trees, erecting monuments, or dedicating buildings, parts of buildings, athletic fields, gardens, or other district facilities, in memory of deceased students, staff members, community members, and benefactors of the district.
The Board may grant to any person or entity the right to name any district building or facility. In doing so, the Board shall enter into a written agreement which shall:
1. Specify the benefits to the district from entering into the agreement
2. State the roles and responsibilities of the parties to the agreement, including whether or not the Board shall retain the power to approve any proposed name
3. Provide details related to the naming right granted, including the building, grounds, or facility involved and the duration for which the name shall be in effect
4. Prohibit any message, image, or other depiction that advocates or endorses the use of drugs, tobacco, or alcohol, encourages unlawful discrimination against any person or group, or promotes the use of violence or the violation of any law or district policy
(cf. 0410 - Nondiscrimination in District Programs/Activities)
(cf. 1325 - Advertising/Promotions)
(cf. 3290 - Gifts, Grants and Bequests)
5. Reserve the authority to terminate the naming right if it determines that the grantee, subsequent to receiving the naming right, has engaged in any of the prohibited acts stated in item #4 above or other criminal or unlawful acts that might bring the district into disrepute
35160 Authority of governing boards
Policy CHAWANAKEE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: October 11, 2011 North Fork, California