Chawanakee USD | AR 6116 Instruction
In order to allow students to take full advantage of learning opportunities while in the classroom, school staff shall ensure that interruptions are kept to a minimum. Strategies to reduce classroom interruptions include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Keep announcements made through intercom or public address systems to a minimum, limit announcements to specific times during the day, and only use the intercom or public address systems for announcements that apply to all students or groups of students. Announcements that apply to individual students or staff members should be distributed in writing.
2. Establish a fixed time for the delivery of written messages to students and staff, except in cases of emergencies.
3. Schedule school maintenance operations involving noise or classroom disruption, as well as deliveries of equipment and supplies, to classrooms before or after school hours whenever possible.
4. Inform school visitors that, whenever possible, they should make appointments in advance, in accordance with district policy.
(cf. 1240 - Volunteer Assistance)
(cf. 1250 - Visitors/Outsiders)
(cf. 3515.4 - Disruptions)
5. Notify parents/guardians that they should go to the school office rather than the classroom when they are dropping off their child late, picking him/her up early, or bringing by any forgotten items from home.
6. Notify school staff that they should refrain from conducting personal business during instructional time.
(cf. 4040 - Employee Use of Technology)
7. Provide professional development in classroom management as needed to enable staff to more effectively reduce interruptions caused by inappropriate student conduct in the classroom.
(cf. 4131 - Staff Development)
(cf. 4231 - Staff Development)
(cf. 5131 - Conduct)
(cf. 5131.4 - Student Disturbances)
(cf. 5137 - Positive School Climate)
32211 Restricting access to school grounds based on threatened disruption or interference
32212 Classroom interruptions
48901.5 Authority to regulate use of electronic devices
51512 Prohibited use of electronic listening or recording device
Instructional Time Task Force Report, 2007
Regulation CHAWANAKEE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: August 16, 1990 North Fork, California
revised: December 3, 2009