Chawanakee USD | AR 4315.1 Personnel
Competence in Evaluation of Teachers
Administrators who evaluate teachers must meet the following criteria:
1. Possess a valid administrative credential.
2. Be competent in instructional methodologies used by teachers they are assigned to evaluate.
3. Be familiar with district policies and procedures for personnel supervision, performance evaluation and staff development.
(cf. 4115 - Evaluation/Supervision)
(cf. 4131 - Staff Development)
(cf. 4131.5 - Professional Growth)
4. Be skilled in the supervision of instruction and in techniques and procedures related to the evaluation of instruction.
5. Understand district curriculum priorities, policies and practices, including their development, implementation and evaluation.
(cf. 6141 - Curriculum Development and Evaluation)
6. Understand district standards on student progress.
(cf. 5121 - Examination/Grading/Rating)
(cf. 5123 - Promotion/Acceleration/Retention)
(cf. 6146.1 - High School Graduation Requirements/Standards of Proficiency)
(cf. 6146.5 - Elementary School Promotion/Standards of Proficiency)
Administrators who evaluate teachers shall participate in a minimum of one inservice per year in clinical supervision and/or other approved instructional and evaluational techniques.
In order to determine that individual administrators meet the above criteria, the Superintendent or designee shall observe the administrator while he/she is conducting an evaluation and assess the administrator's competencies in each area listed above.
The Superintendent or designee shall discuss his/her observations and assessment with the administrator being evaluated and may develop and implement a professional improvement program to enhance the administrator's competence in one or more areas.
Regulation CHAWANAKEE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: August 2, 1991 North Fork, California