Chawanakee USD | BP 0210 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
Goals for Student Learning
The Governing Board believes that a quality education provides an opportunity for each student to develop:
1. The concept of self-worth and the ability to exercise self-discipline.
2. A positive attitude toward responsible citizenship.
3. Mastery of the basic skills in mathematics, computers, reading, language arts (including reading, oral and written communication), the sciences, foreign languages and fine arts.
4. Skills and other competencies leading toward economic independence consistent with the individual's interests and basic potential.
5. An awareness and understanding of our country's history and ideals and its diverse ethnic, racial and cultural heritage.
6. An awareness and understanding of the heritage, ideals and contribution of other cultures, races and countries.
7. The opportunity to develop the capability of students to appreciate beauty in literature, art, music and nature.
8. A recognition of the importance of physical and mental health.
9. An ability to adapt and participate constructively in a changing society.
10. An understanding of the relationship of people and his/her environment.
11. Moral and ethical values based on the rights and responsibilities of individuals and their relationships to each other.
Policy CHAWANAKEE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: August 16, 1990 North Fork, California