Chawanakee USD | AR 5121 Students
Grades/Evaluation Of Student Achievement
The Superintendent or designee shall inform teachers of the district's policy regarding grading, including expectations that grades shall be based on factors that directly measure students' knowledge and skills in the content area and shall not include nonacademic factors.
District /Grade Level Practices (Outlined in Teacher Syllabus):
1. Attendance should not be given an academic grade; attendance may be included as part of an effort mark. (Board Policy 5121: cf. Ed Code 48205, 48980)
2. Behavior should not be given an academic grade; it may be included as part of an effort mark. (Board Policy 5121: cf. Ed Code 48205, 48980)
3. All First-thru-Twelfth grade level teachers will enter grades into (District Assigned Student Information System) a minimum of once per week/ per subject taught. (ELA/Math/Hist/Sci/PE/Electives)
4. Principals are expected to monitor teacher usage of Power School. (Board Policy 5121)
5. Elementary schools, grades 3-8: Report cards will address all core areas; ELA, math, science and social science at each report card period.
Report cards displaying students' grades in each subject or course shall be distributed to parents/guardians at the end of each grading period. Parents/guardians shall be offered an opportunity to meet with their child's teacher(s) to discuss the grades and strategies to improve their child's performance.
(cf. 6020 - Parent Involvement)
Whenever it becomes evident to a teacher that a student is in danger of failing a course, the teacher shall arrange a conference with the student's parent/guardian or send the parent/guardian a written report. (Education Code 49067)
(cf. 5123 - Promotion/Acceleration/Retention)
For each student in grades 9-12, the Superintendent or designee shall maintain a transcript recording the courses taken, the term that each course was taken, credits earned, final grades, and date of graduation.
(cf. 5125 - Student Records)
(cf. 6146.1 - High School Graduation Requirements)
Grades for Academic Performance
For grades K-3, students' level of progress for each grading period shall be reported as follows:
N Needs Improvement
Regulation CHAWANAKEE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: August 8, 2017 North Fork, California