(a) If the Long Beach Community College District decides to enter into a partnership pursuant to Section 48810.5, the district shall provide for an independent evaluation of the partnership funded with resources provided by the participating entities, which shall be presented to the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges and the Legislature. The evaluation shall, at a minimum, provide recommendations for the improvement of, and issues related to, the establishment of admittance, enrollment, and course registration priority provided to pupils participating in the College Promise Partnership Act in accordance with this article, and a review and analysis on whether the partnership met the following objectives:
(1) An increase in the percentage of students who attended the school district who attend college directly from high school.
(2) An increase in the percentage of students who attended the school district who are determined, by assessment or other means, to be prepared for college-level English and mathematics by the commencement of their first regular semester at the college.
(3) An increase in the average number of college units completed prior to first semester enrollment by entering freshmen from the school district.
(4) An increase in the number of students who attended the school district who successfully complete college-level English and mathematics in their first year.
(5) An increase in the number of students who attended the school district who complete 25 transferable units in their first year.
(6) An increase in the number of students who attended the school district who earn a degree or certificate at the college, or successfully transfer to a four-year university, within four years of graduating from high school.
(b) The evaluation shall be submitted to the Legislature on or before December 30, 2016.
(1) The evaluation to be submitted pursuant to this subdivision shall be submitted in compliance with Section 9795 of the Government Code.
(2) Pursuant to Section 10231.5 of the Government Code, this section is repealed on January 1, 2018.
(Added by Stats. 2011, Ch. 633, Sec. 2.)