(a) Funds apportioned for the program shall be used only for support of the following:
(1) Programs in elementary and secondary basic skills, including programs leading to a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
(2) Programs for immigrants eligible for educational services in citizenship, English as a second language, and workforce preparation.
(3) Programs for adults, including, but not limited to, older adults, that are primarily related to entry or reentry into the workforce.
(4) Programs for adults, including, but not limited to, older adults, that are primarily designed to develop knowledge and skills to assist elementary and secondary school children to succeed academically in school.
(5) Programs for adults with disabilities.
(6) Programs in career technical education that are short term in nature and have high employment potential.
(7) Programs offering preapprenticeship training activities conducted in coordination with one or more apprenticeship programs approved by the Division of Apprenticeship Standards for the occupation and geographic area.
(b) A consortium may use no more than 5 percent of funds allocated in a given fiscal year for the sum of the following:
(1) The costs of administration of these programs.
(2) The costs of the consortium.
(Added by Stats. 2015, Ch. 13, Sec. 39.)